When the Republican-led legislature cut Oklahoma’s education budget by $230 million, over 25 thousand teachers from all across the Sooner state gathered at the Capitol to hold the largest educa…
Lawd, Jesus, there’s a rally!!
So this happened in my home state today. And what’s sad is that:
- Some schools didn’t even close to let teacher try to fight for their jobs
- Parents blamed teachers for not being at school because they were fighting for their jobs
- Our state is 49th in the nation in teacher salaries
- We have 400,000 new students and 1,500 less teachers
- Sadly, it’s probably going to take strikes for real change to happen, which again will be blamed on teachers. And will only end up hurting students the most. Our legislators could change it without it resorting to that, but I’m not holding my breath.